Friday 3 February 2012

Another haul!

So I got paid earlier this week, and yet again I decided to splurge out on a few little pieces for my room.

My friend and I went into town today in order to catch up, cos the majority of the time now I'm with my boyfriend or at work, and it's getting increasingly hard to see my friends. So the bestie and I went into town, had a quick mooch around, I managed to pick up some paper for university cos my notepads ran out at the end of last term, and we popped into CEX, where I managed to spend £13.50 on three DVDs. I picked up Black Swan for £6 (I saw a copy that was £8, but luckily spotted the cheaper one behind it and got that instead), Little Nicky for £2.50 (This was mine and my little brother's favourite film when we were younger, and neither of us have seen it in YEARS, so I decided to be a fantastic sister and buy it for us), and I also got Life as We Know It for £5 (I'm dead excited to see it, I've wanted to watch it for ages but literally haven't been out to buy it!)

After we finished mooching about town, we decided to go to the shopping complex next to my friend's house. Naturally, the two of us decided to go for a KFC, cos we are actual fatties and needed an energy boost, so while we were stuffing our little faces, we had a right catch up. While in the shopping complex, my friend pointed out the little shops near the entrance and mentioned they did cheap chocolate. Now, naturally, being the girl that I am, I was straight in there. I spent less than a fiver and got a box of Milk Tray, a Terry's Chocolate Orange and a little bag of the Cadbury's Koko truffles, cos they're my favourites! We had a little wander around the shops for a while, before popping into the works. This was probably the best thing we did all day! I managed to pick up a book on Hauntings, because I absolutely love that sort of thing, anything ghosty/creepy/containing supernatural elements, and it was only £1.99, so I decided I needed it in my life. I also picked up some Tarot Cards and a book that pretty much says 'Tarot Cards for Dummies' so I will be giving those a whirl later on, that was £4.99. So for what was meant to be a nice girly catch up I did pretty well out of it.

While we were wandering, I mentioned my blog and how I needed a creative outlet sometimes, and that I also do write little stories to get rid of some of the creative energy. Laura reminded me of the play I originally wrote for my A Level drama piece that unfortunately didn't get used. I say unfortunately, but I honestly don't think I would have received such a high grade if we'd stuck with that particular piece. It was based on events that had taken place when I was at secondary school, and shock/horror, it was based on the occult and supernatural. And she got me thinking about maybe taking the play I wrote based upon it and transferring it into a novel format. So watch this space, my blog might not just be used for reviews/hauls/etc, but may become a place to try and show my stories. Let's see how it goes.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment