Sunday 7 April 2013

I'm back!

Well, after over a year, I've decided now's the time to start blogging again.  I'm gonna start using my blog as a sort of diary, and in years to come I'll have this, alongside my personal journal, for a good giggle.

The past year has been...eventful. I've had a lot of ups and downs, unfortunately more downs than ups, but I've bounced back from it all and I have become a lot stronger as a person, compared to the shy, insecure girl I was when I first started blogging. 

I'd fooled myself for six months, telling myself I was happy in my relationship with my then boyfriend, who was mentioned in blog-posts. After a year and a month, we called time on our relationship, supposedly amicably, till I found out moments later he was still in love with his ex and had been texting her while with me. He told me this to my face, in my living room, moments after we'd split up. Needless to say that went from amicable to horrific in seconds.

After the breakup, I stopped eating. I just had no appetite, the thought of food turned my stomach, and I was managing on a couple of mouthfuls of food a day. And because I couldn't eat, I lost 8lbs in two weeks. The drastic weightloss did nothing for me, I was tired, moody and irritable cos I wasn't getting the right food and sleep. I wasn't healthy in the slightest, and events over the following months didn't help; entering a turbulent relationship with a colleague, having horrific arguments and breaking up every other week for four months was hard, being dumped for another girl was hard, falling head over heels for a guy I met (absolutely perfect, everything I wanted) and finding out he lives in Manchester was hard.

I'm so blessed I've had my friends and family throughout this time. While I'm still not confident and totally secure, I have my amazing best friends to help me through and pick up the pieces.
Laura, myself and Abbie on my 20th Birthday
Ignore the wine spilled down my dress, I was in a silly state.

These two have been an absolute rock for me for the past few years, and they're always there for me no matter what, and for that, I love them wholeheartedly. They're the two people I know I can be myself around.


So this post marks the new beginning of my blog. I'm going to hopefully write on here weekly about anything that's happened, and I'm also going to start vlogging, in preparation for my plans for my summer holiday! A group of us are going to Magalluf, and I've decided I'm going to vlog the experience, so I need some practice!

Cathxo

No comments:

Post a Comment