Sunday 14 April 2013

Weekly Summary, April 8th-April 14th,

Monday, April 8th.
Relatively nice quiet day. Had a lie in, walked the pooch, then went to work 4pm-8.30pm.
Another nice quiet shift, then as soon as I finished, I went to the pub to meet some friends, this was where my day got funny.
Went to the bar to order some food and drinks, and left my friend with my card to pay, on my way back to our table, I got stopped by two boys who looked around 21-24, and I panicked. I don't know why I do it, in social situations when I'm not drunk and a lad tries to chat me up, I panic and say I have a boyfriend. 
Boy 1: Excuse me love, how old are you.
Me: Twenty...?
Boy 1: What do you think of my mate here? He thinks you're gorgeous. *At this point boy 2 started blushing!*
Me: I have a boyfriend! *mentally slaps self*
Boy 1: Well what do you think of him? Out of ten?
Me: Oh god, ermmm, 7?

To be perfectly honest I was being bloody generous giving seven. I literally ran to my table from then, my friend came back and I got a bollocking for panicking and saying I have a boyfriend, when I don't.

Tuesday, April 9th.
Had literally one of the funniest days ever. Went into university to make a start on assignments with my best friend and ended up in stitches writing our own parodies of poems we studied at A-Level. My original parody was based on T.S. Eliots 'Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat', but have now decided to submit my parody poem based on 'Limbo' by Edward Kamau Braithwaite, and Abbie's written one based on 'Island Man' by Grace Nichols. Once they're submitted I might post a copy of them on here, we had an absolute hoot writing them. I also got a chance to try and write my war poem and my love poem, except my love poem has turned elegiac and is focusing on the death of someone very dear to me.
It was also a very good day as when we popped to Greggs on campus to get some lunch, we were given a free doughnut each to try, which was bad for my diet but good for my purse, as I'd been eyeing the cakes up.
Then, we had a staff meeting at work for the F+B Department, which meant I had to go in on my day off. Only the girls turned up, there's three boys who work on the bar and none of them came, it meant we could have a girly catch up as we're never all on shift at the same time; I hadn't seen one of the girls for nearly a month cos our shifts have been so different!
Our meeting was good, a lot of issues are getting resolved that we've raised, and after the meeting all the junior staff (myself, Rachael, Jess, Kat and Lauren) all stayed and sat and talked, then when they left, Rachael and I sat and caught up on every thing (despite the fact we work together and she's my next door neighbour, we haven't seen each other in a month!)
We also organised a night out for the end of the week, so no doubt I'll be posting about that when Friday comes round.


Wednesday, April 10th.
Wednesday was an odd day. Originally made plans to go for a coffee with a friend who lives away at university and had come home for Easter. Unfortunately our plans got postponed, and in a bit of a miffed mood, I rang my best friend and persuaded her to come with me for food and then to the pub quiz that night. We ended up having a hilarious afternoon/night, and I'd forgotten how much I miss having "car times" with her, aka singing along to the crap on my iPod and being total tits. 
I wish I'd done an OOTD for this day, as I actually really liked what I ended up wearing (checky shirt tied at the waist, black lace dress worn as a skirt and my heeled shoe boots).

Thursday, April 11th.
I had a longgggg day on Thursday. I had a shift 9am-5pm, and it was the start of a four day tennis tournament in the club where I work. Cue lots of running from the bar to the tennis 'village' and back. Majority of my shift on Thursday was spent running the cafe bar by myself while everyone else transported stuff to the tennis village, where we had set up our own little bar to save people coming back and forth. 
I also got to catch up with my friend who I was meant to see on Wednesday. We ended up going for a drink after I'd been to work, and we had a lovely catch up. After saying bye to him, I felt a little bit upset and ended up driving back to work for some councilling as I was in dire need of talking to someone. I got so much support and love from the girls on the bar and my friends who work in the gym/poolside. I'd already had a few tears earlier that day when my manager told me I was 'better than that' (a reference to the fact my plans had been cancelled at the last minute the day before) and had been so lovely to me that it had moved me to tears, then hours later I was in the same spot, moved to tears again by everyone being lovely when I was upset. In the end, Laura came over and sat with me for an hour till I'd vented everything.

Friday, April 12th.
Now. I cannot remember what I did Friday daytime. Again. I know I was off work,  I seem to think I slept late, did housework, and had a bath. On the nighttime, I went for a meal with my mam, aunty and her daughter, to Casa Rio in the town. It was a lovely little tapas bar, and I ate far too much for someone on a diet. I also got bullied *ahem* into having a dessert. It was a lovely meal, then after we'd stuffed ourselves on tapas, sangria and banana splits (at least I had some fruit....), we went to the theatre to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. This wasn't a show I'd have chosen to see had I been in London or Broadway. But my mam got cheap tickets and in the end I thought 'why not, it's one to tick off my list'. It. Was. Amazing. I've never laughed so much in my life! It was really feel good, I'd honestly recommend it. My outfit for Friday night (I forgot to take a picture..oops) was simple, red bodycon dress with lacey sleeves and a cutout front (bought at Christmas from River Island), my Topshop leather jacket and black suede ankle boots.

Saturday, April 13th.
Saturday saw me get my mop chopped. I always go to the hairdressers filled with a sense of dread, as every time I go I'm in trouble for straightening/curling my hair too much, but this time I didn't get told off! He did have to cut about 2 inches off my hair, but that was because I hadn't been since before Christmas and the ends were absolutely shocking. I also booked in to finally get my hair ombréd on Friday, I'm terrified but also excited.
I had another shift at work, and to be honest it was the best shift! I was on a 5-F, to start I was on the tennis village till just after six, then rejoined society on cafe bar before the function at half 7. The function was a lot of fun, there were two supervisors, three managers, myself and another junior member of staff on shift, and it was so quick moving. The shift flew by, I had a good dance while I was serving/washing up. AND, we got free cake! The chefs made too much for the desserts, so I shared a fudge cake with the club manager, then had a trifle! Bit fat of me, but I had a tiny bit pasta at dinnertime and would've had nothing else till the next day of I didn't eat those.
One of the highlights of my shift (apart from all the free cake), was when I was leaving the tennis village to rejoin society, I had two massive containers of hot water, cup of tea bags, carton of milk, the float for the till, and two glasses in my arms/hands. Heading past one of the matches to go behind the curtain, I got hit with a tennis ball. One of the teams pelted the ball, just as I got to a certain point, and it bounced off a glass in my arms and rolled away. Everyone pointed and laughed, then cheered when I brought the ball back. 

Sunday, April 14th.
Now those of you who live in the North East will know today was a pretty big day. Sunderland VS Newcastle derby! The club manager announced he wanted us all in either Sunderland or Newcastle shirts for our shift, and coming from Sunderland, I opted for a Sunderland shirt. And I am so glad I did. We all looked rather fetching in our red and white shirts, and while we got boos from the chefs (who are all Newcastle fans), the boos soon stopped when Sunderland started kicking arse! We had a good laugh, and while we got absolutely hammered at points, we really pulled together! At one point, there was myself, Rachael, our supervisor Christine, one of the sales boys, the Creche manager, the assistant manager and the club manager all behind cafe bar serving a queue of people that had stretched from the lounge, past the gym, all the way to the tennis courts.  I've never been so glad to finish a shift, get in and have a lovely warm bath.
I had to finish one of my assignments when I got home; I somehow did a 500 word commentary on four poems that I've written in under an hour...score. So now I'm all bathed, fed and ready for university tomorrow.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment